Parent/Guardian Access Setup
Students should follow these steps to authorize the Cashier's Office to discuss confidential student account information with a parent or other individual.
- Students should log into the MyPACK Portal with Unity ID and password.
- On the Student Center page, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and select the “Add/Update Parent Information” link. (If you are not automatically directed to the Student Center, you can use the following navigation: Main Menu, Student Self Service, Student Center.)
- Select the “Add/Update Parent Information” link.
- On the “My Relationships Information” page, click the “Add Relationship” button.
- On the “Relationships Update” page, enter as much information as you can about the person you are adding to your account. Click the "Save" button when complete.
- You will be taken back to the “My Relationships Information” page. On this page, click the “Grant Parent Access” that corresponds with the person you just added to your account.
- Read the “Informed Consent” page, including the “Read More” link if you have any questions concerning FERPA. Select the “I grant permission” check box. Select the “Continue” button.
- On the Parent/Guardian Access page, read the message about granting access. NOTE: If you previously created a phone inquiry access PIN, you can delete or will have to create a new one when you set up the online access. The guardian will be required to provide this code if they call to find out information about your student account. Select the “Submit” button once complete.
Students have the option to grant access to the following:
- Student Accounts / Billing / Payment - Grants access to view and print current and past bills, view current charges and the ability to pay online.
- Tax Information - Grants access to view and print 1098T information. You must grant Student Account access in order to allow access to tax information.
- Academic Information - Grants access to view Class Schedules, Grades, Transcript and Transfer Credit information.
- Directory Information - Grants access to view student directory information, such as local address and phone number. Even if a FERPA block has been set and your information is not being shown in the 'FIND PEOPLE' directory, selecting this option will allow this parent/guardian to view this information.
- Financial Aid - Grants access to view Financial Aid information. This includes information about awards, loans, scholarships, fellowships and work study jobs that you have received or have been offered. If you have applied for Financial Aid, it includes information about the status of your application.
- Review the information and click the “Save” button.
- You will receive a confirmation message indicating the parent information has been saved.
- Account status will say “Confirmed” once parent has reviewed and set up a password.
UNITY ACCOUNT INFORMATION: If you have problems accessing the MyPACK Portal, or have questions about your Unity ID and password, you may contact the Help Desk at 919-515-HELP (4357).
Print these directions with screenshots included. (PDF format)